MAST launches new cyber assurance service for superyachts
– ‘MAST Cyber’ is a maritime-specific response to risks posed by cyber intrusion
– Risk management company attending Global Superyacht Forum 2016 in Amsterdam
MAST, the international maritime risk management company, has launched a new cyber assurance service for superyachts as a response to the increased threat posed by cyber criminals.
Superyachts are under a greater risk than ever of an individual or group hacking vessel management systems or entertainment and business platforms, and therefore an owner’s privacy.
This new offering, ‘MAST Cyber’, has been undertaken in partnership with Aprose Solutions, the cyber security and resilience specialist, and the two firms will be working together to protect lifestyles and assets in today’s increasingly difficult complex maritime environment.
Delegates from MAST will also be attending the Global Superyacht Forum in Amsterdam from 14-16 November 2016. The established superyacht event sees over 600 of the superyacht industry’s key players meet to discuss both the current state and the future for the superyacht industry.
Alex Waite, Commercial Director of Technical Security Division at MAST, commented:
“Superyachts are very much at risk of being targeted by cyber criminals given the nature of their owners and the value of wealth onboard, be that through possessions or information. Our new ‘MAST Cyber’ offering can help mitigate many of these risks and protect vessels, their owners and guests from attacks, providing that level of comfort and reassurance which many desire.
“We are very much looking forward to discussing security and privacy at the Global Superyacht Forum later this month and no doubt it will be a fantastic event as it is every year.”
‘MAST Cyber’ services
MAST’s new offering can provide the below services through their National Cyber Security Centre (GCHQ) accredited team:
- Technical vulnerability assessment of the on-board systems and their integration;
- Development of a flexible and resilient security model future-proofed for ease of use;
- Technical assurance that on-board systems are secured in compliance with best practice;
- Development of a comprehensive cyber security management plan;
- On-board penetration testing of hardened platforms;
- Specialist cyber support to the design, build and fit out phases of the project to ensure security is implicit and evolutionary;
- MAST Red Team attack simulation.