ManageEngine leverages Microsoft SCCM to patch third-party apps
New Patch Connect Plus Uses Existing SCCM Infrastructure to Patch More Than 250 Non-Microsoft Applications
- Uses SCCM console, eliminating need to learn new console
- Improves return on investments in Microsoft SCCM
- Ensures updates are successfully installed on all systems
- Download a 30-day, free trial of Patch Connect Plus here!
ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, formally announced Patch Connect Plus, its software that uses Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage patches for third-party applications. The new product eliminates all system vulnerabilities present in the network by using an organization’s existing SCCM infrastructure to perform updates required for non-Microsoft applications. Patch Connect Plus is available immediately, and a free trial can be downloaded here.
ManageEngine will be exhibiting Patch Connect Plus and the rest of its IT management and security portfolio at the 36th GITEX Technology Week being held in Dubai, October 16-20, 2016. ManageEngine is meeting with customers, partners and attendees at Dubai World Trade Centre, Hall 7, Stand A7-10.
In 2016 Trends in Cybersecurity, Microsoft reports that less than 10 percent of publicly-disclosed software vulnerabilities concern its software, which means over 90 percent of those vulnerabilities involve non-Microsoft software. Additionally, over 90 percent of attackers use Adobe Flash Player and Java applications in their attacks, so keeping those applications updated is crucial to an organization’s security. While SCCM is widely used, it cannot manage patches of Flash, Java or any other third-party application.
Mathivanan Venkatachalam, director of product management for Patch Connect Plus at ManageEngine said:
“Patch Connect Plus lets Microsoft SCCM users completely automate the management of non-Microsoft updates using their existing infrastructure and console. In turn, users don’t need to set up a new tool, reconfigure their clients or learn how to use a new product. And the large catalog of supported, third-party applications will help users combat all system vulnerabilities and assure security from attackers.”
Preview of ManageEngine Patch Connect Plus
Patch Connect Plus comes with the following features to give customers everything they’ll need to eliminate all system vulnerabilities:
- Support for over 250 applications: Patch Connect Plus supports patch management of over 250 non-Microsoft applications common to businesses around the world
- Automated third-party patch management: Patch Connect Plus facilitates automatic scheduling of scans and deployment of patches using Microsoft SCCM
- Usage of the SCCM console: The product helps customers overcome the need to learn about a new console because they’ll be using the same SCCM console to manage third-party patches
- Choice of patching selected applications: The product allows administrators to patch only significant applications or patch all applications in the network
- One-time setup requirement: Setup is easy, with very few steps. These steps are explained using support documents
- Intelligent patching: Application patching takes place when the applications are not in use, increasing the chance of a successful software update
- Receive notifications: Receive the status of the available patches for your applications and get notified of new supported applications
Pricing and Availability
Patch Connect Plus is available immediately by clicking here. Pricing starts at just $495.