IDIS share their 2017 security predictions and innovations at Intersec
In the run up to Intersec 2017, Security Middle East speak to Harry Kwon, General Manager at IDIS Middle East and North Africa (MENA), on his security predictions for 2017 and what we should expect from IDIS at Intersec, January 22 – 24, Dubai.
What predictions do you have for 2017 and how are IDIS looking to develop their offerings to match these trends into the New Year?
Harry Kwon: “As businesses look to leverage further value from their surveillance investment video analytics are in demand as they give end users valuable business intelligence on top of increased security. However, many analytical software applications are complex to install and expensive, deeming them out of reach of many organisations. As a result, IDIS have developed IDIS VA in the Box which seamlessly integrates with our range of NVRs utilising true plug-and-play technology so there is to complex installation meaning zero configuration proving it to be incredibly cost effective. IDIS VA in the Box is particularly suited to the retail sector and features people counting, heatmaps, queue management and powerful analytical reporting to better understand footfall, increase sales through strategic promotions, predicted number of visitors as well as other beneficial business insights. Visitors to this year’s Intersec will be able to get first look at IDIS VA in the Box in action.
We’ll also be showcasing our ground breaking accurate with multilane field of view ANPR/LPR solution, which is meeting the increasing need to derive intelligence from big data and automate manual processes for businesses including car parks, petrol stations, hotels and shopping malls through to various commercial enterprises. Users and installers of traditional ANPR/LPR systems previously experience inadequate levels of accuracy, expensive and complicated set up and constant configuration due to ever changing environments.
Although megapixel cameras and HD resolution have improved image quality and accuracy, IDIS has gone one step further and launched IDIS ANPR that is both plug-and-play, utilises a specialist 2MP camera delivering a multilane field of view and uses self-configuring adaptive modelling software to avoid costly and regular re-configuration. The IDIS solution has proven to be ten times more accurate in independent comparative testing showing 98 per cent accuracy. This results in affordability due to the need for fewer cameras and a low cost of ownership in terms of the elimination of configuration, low on-going maintenance plus greater revenues for operations such as car park management.
We believe we will also see network security to be a continued concern in years to come. Most often, network security breaches are not caused by the exploitation of encryption technology weaknesses. Rather, they are mostly the result of human factors, such as not enforcing network security best practices, particularly when installing large systems that involve the management of 100s of IP address creating a high level of complexity. IDIS has eliminated this complexity and designed its Total Solution with network security in mind, by utilising true plug-and-play with the implicit pairing of devices, and in doing so, reducing the amount of information that needs to be managed. This is also the case for multi-site applications through our For Every Network (FEN) technology.
IDIS DirectIP™ also uses a dedicated IP camera subnet, separate from a customer’s corporate network, separating video traffic and making it very difficult to establish an unauthorised connection into a corporate network. In addition, we recommend our installers and integration partners to design a physically separate network, or to configure a dedicated network by VLAN, and move end users away from wanting to use their existing corporate network.
At the same time, we need to consider that as hackers become more sophisticated we will build upon our patented security technologies to make IDIS solution even more robust and resilient and ensure we lead the market in terms of network security.”
What else should we expect to see from IDIS at this year’s Intersec 2017?
Harry Kwon: “2017 is our 20th anniversary whereby IDIS will be celebrating two decades of surveillance innovation with both our partners and the media and part of these celebration will be marked with a press briefing at 16:00 on 23rd January on our stand F1-26. As well as the aforementioned H.265 range, we will also be showcasing our latest innovations that make up the most comprehensive iteration of the IDIS Total Solution including:
- IDIS Solution Suite, open architecture and enterprise-level video management software (VMS), that offers a highly responsive and cost-effective modular design and comes with free client software and firmware updates
- A 64-channel network video recorder (NVR), the DR-8364D, featuring Full HD real-time recording, RAID 1/5/10, dual power, total throughput of 900Mbps and failover redundancy
- IDIS SmartFailover with 24-Hour SmartSave allowing seamless failover protection in the event of a network disruption. IDIS cameras begin recording to an on-board the SD card and as soon the camera-to-NVR connection is restored, the NVR resumes recording and the footage from the camera’s SD card automatically transfers to the NVR
- The award-winning IDIS Smart UX Controls, which offer unparalleled manoeuvrability “Rubber Band” and “Slingshot” PTZ tracking, quick zoom and find and other monitoring capabilities that are genuine breakthroughs in the industry
- IDIS Super 4K Total Solution that provides a high-performance mix of 4K technology, all designed, developed, and manufactured in-house to delivers sharper more accurate surveillance for powerful image analysis
- The highly cost-effective DirectCX, a high performance analogue full-HD over coaxial that is both feature rich and easy to use and comprises a range of HD-TVI video recorders, cameras, bundled IDIS Center™ VMS and peripherals
- The incredibly popular IDIS Super Fisheye that offers unparalleled super smooth viewing capabilities, allowing users to simultaneously monitor and analyse up to 256 points of interest without any blind spots.
- IDIS Long Reach PoE Extender that offers 100Mbps of seamless transmission even over a range of 500m.”
How do you see the MEA market evolving and does the Middle East region remain an important market for IDIS?
Harry Kwon: “Incredibly important particularly due to the continued threat levels and investment in infrastructure including education, leisure and retail all of which are very strong sectors for IDIS. In addition, integrators and end user in the region are incredibly tech savvy looking for quality, reliability and high-performance combined with a low cost of ownership, which are all at the cornerstone of IDIS offerings.
After our debut at Intersec in 2014 and the opening of our regional headquarters in Silicon Oasis, Dubai in 2015, IDIS has received an overwhelmingly positive reception to our products in the past three years, as users in the field have gotten their hands on the equipment and software to become familiar with the industry leading IDIS quality and innovation first hand, and as a result our integrator partners are seeing project-based successes and end-users are seeing the value of our offerings in real time.
Customer case studies are testimony to this success including an international roll-out at famous prestige furnishing brand SEDAR and a multi-site and enterprise-level implementation at Majmaah University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In 2017, we plan to continue our expansion into vertical sector offerings, specifically government, retail, enterprise, education, and other commercial sectors as well as expanded our local team to support our growing customer base. Even this early in the year, we have already made progress towards this goal by deploying comprehensive surveillance solutions for customers such as Majmaah University in Saudi Arabia and for a large chain of high-end jewellery stores across. the Middle East.
Be sure to visit IDIS stand S1-F26 at the upcoming Intersec 2017 on 22-24 January in Dubai and be part of our twentieth anniversary when we will celebrate two decades of innovation and recognise our customers and partners for making the last 20 years a phenomenal success.”