ASIS Dubai Chapter update
At the Dubai chapter’s December 2015 annual general meeting, those members present elected the 2016 committee with all positions elected unopposed. A transparent nomination process for the elected positions was undertaken, utilising survey money for nominations as well as at the annual general meeting.
The elected 2016 committee are as follows:
• Dr Abdullah Al Hashimi – Chairman
• Peter Page, CPP – Vice Chairman
• Sufyan F H Abbas, – Treasurer
• Phillip Johnson, PSP – Secretary
In addition, several appointed supporting positions were confirmed by the incoming committee, and these are as follows:
• Certification sub-committee chair – Phillip Johnson, PSP
• Council Liaison – Peter Page, CPP
• Law Enforcement Liaison – Nadeem Iqbal, CPP
• Membership – Vacant
• Program chair – Andreas Karki
• Women in Security (WiSe) representative – Katie Shephard
• Young Professionals – Mirza Hussein, CPP
• Webmaster – initially John Cowling with a view to hand-over this role to another member in 2016
The committee advises its intention in 2016 to engage and appoint a number of members into additional roles such as inclusion in the certification sub-committee although details of these appointments are not yet finalised; further details will be available in the New Year when many of these members have returned from annual leave.
Please join me in wishing the 2016 all the best for the coming year.