A10 Networks stops multi-vector DDoS disruption with Thunder TPS
Solution packs up to 300 Gbps of throughput to combat soaring DDoS attacks so companies can ensure uptime, exceed operational readiness and productivity, and avoid brand damage
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking and security, expanded the Thunder TPS (Threat Protection System) family of high-performance solutions – to now include the industry’s biggest gun in the rapidly escalating war against DDoS attacks.
Rounding out the product line are entry-level virtual and hardware appliance form factors, all with easy integration into existing networks, including open source systems, for faster protection, plus the option to scale in cloud environments.
DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, which attempt to cripple machines or network resources by flooding them with requests from multiple IP addresses, are skyrocketing. The attacks are increasingly being used in more sophisticated ways, including extortion and as smokescreens, tying up IT resources to enable other attacks. According to a recent report by A10 Networks with IDG Connect, the average company suffers 15 DDoS attacks per year, with average attacks causing at least 17 hours of effective downtime, including slowdowns, denied customer access or crashes. Attacks are also getting harder to defend, with average peak bandwidths of 30 to 40 gigabits per second (Gbps) and many exceeding that mark.
A10 Thunder TPS can block multi-vector DDoS attacks to stop disruption, detecting and mitigating them at the network edge, and functioning as a first line of defense for the network infrastructure. At the high end of the brawn scale, the new Thunder 14045—the fastest appliance on the market—packs 300 Gbps of mitigation throughput capacity (or 2.4 terabits per second in a cluster).
Raj Jalan, CTO of A10 Networks said:
“It’s all about the customer. We’re helping service providers and enterprises fight back against the rising DDoS onslaught so they can be proactive, not reactive. True multi-vector, always-on protection helps them ensure uptime, exceed operational readiness and productivity, and avoid brand damage due to costly outages.”
All of the announced products are available now.
New A10 Thunder 14045 TPS – Highest Mitigation for Service Providers, Web 2.0 and Cloud Providers:
• For high-performance networks such as for service providers, websites and online gaming.
• Performance: 300 Gbps, 440 Mpps, 2.4 Tbps in a cluster.
• Specification highlights: SPE with FPGA, 4×18 core Xeon, 3 RU, 4×100 GbE, 2+2 redundant 80 Plus Platinum rated power supplies.
New A10 Thunder 840 TPS – Turnkey Enterprise Solutions:
• New enterprise focused offerings for medium enterprises, remote sites, MSSP and service provider customer-premise equipment (CPE).
• Performance and highlights:
• A10 Thunder 840 TPS – 2 Gbps, with hardware bypass option.
• A10 vThunder TPS – 1*, 2, and 5 Gbps. Available on VMware ESXi and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors.
New Enhanced Thunder TPS Support Offering Backed by the A10 DDoS Security Incident Response Team (DSIRT):
• 24x7x365 support includes access to a dedicated team of DDoS mitigation experts specializing in DDoS prevention, offering immediate assistance to assist in mitigating attacks.
• New offering also includes a subscription to the A10 Threat Intelligence Service for customers with a valid support contract, leveraging collective intelligence to block known bad actors.
Partner Solution Highlights:
• For large volumetric attacks, organizations can offload attack mitigation to a global terabit-scale cloud through a DDoS cloud-bursting service, thanks to a partnership with Verisign.
• Easy integration with third-party commercial and open-source systems. It includes an open SDK and RESTful API for seamless integrations, as well as an open source plugin for FastNetMon.
• Other TPS partners include Big Switch Networks, Deepfield, FlowTraq, GenieNRM and Kentik.
Dr. Vincent Berk, co-founder and CEO at FlowTraq said:
“In the last few weeks major DDoS attacks have been sweeping the news headlines, as these attacks are becoming more persistent and frequent. Thunder TPS offers the right level of detection and mitigation to help our customers provide a first line of defense for their network infrastructures.”
Doug Marlin, vice president, Independent Technology Group said:
“As DDoS attacks increase in quantity, complexity and in the severity of damage they inflict, our mutual enterprise customers with A10 Networks need all the help they can get. Just because they’re not experiencing crashes, doesn’t mean their customers aren’t running into delays or blocked access. The flexibility, scalability and integration with different architectures that Thunder TPS offers is a clear benefit to our customers.”