A10 Networks extends Multi-Vector DDoS Protection
A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), the leader in application networking and security, announced a collaboration with Verisign to enable hybrid DDoS mitigation strategies for customers.
A10 Networks further announced enhancements to its market-leading multi-vector DDoS protection solution, Thunder TPS (Threat Protection System)—including the ability to send alerts to Verisign’s cloud-based DDoS Protection Service using the OpenHybrid™ API.
Thunder TPS 3.2 now enables more organizations to intelligently provide an always-on application experience. New features and customer benefits include:
• Smarter DDoS attack detection and dynamic mitigation with Thunder TPS 3.2. Traffic baselines leverage multi-protocol behavioral indicators to learn peacetime network conditions, enabling precise detection of anomalies. Dynamic mitigation policies escalate suspect traffic through progressively tougher countermeasures to minimize legitimate traffic drops. DevOps can leverage event-based scripting for increased operational agility.
• Automated signaling for volumetric attack protection through Verisign’s cloud DDoS protection service. The redirection option utilizes the Verisign OpenHybrid™ API to provide anomaly information and can trigger a swing of customer’s traffic to Verisign’s cloud-based services when volumetric DDoS protection is needed. This hybrid solution broadens the market reach of Thunder TPS to enterprises with limited internet bandwidth.
• Integration with existing DDoS solutions for investment protection. Leveraging open networking standards, Thunder TPS mitigation integrates easily with existing DDoS detection solutions. Open networking standards support enables tight integration with many other devices, including SDN controllers and security products.
In addition to Thunder 3.2 and the Verisign DDoS Protection Service, organizations can further complement their DDoS protection with the recently announced:
• aGalaxy to streamline operations. Empowering administrators to centrally manage multiple Thunder TPS deployments to enable real-time troubleshooting, incident management and reporting.
• A10 Threat Intelligence Service to increase security efficacy. Providing a dynamic intelligence feed that prevents data theft, reduces the network load, and minimizes the attack surface.
Sanjay Kapoor, Vice President Global Marketing at A10 Networks said:
“Devastating multi-vector DDoS attacks are on the rise and in everyday news. Organizations will inevitably become targets of these cyber-attacks, causing major disruptions to their business. With the expanded capabilities of Thunder TPS 3.2 and integration with Verisign’s OpenHybrid™, organizations can enable the always-on application experience that their customers demand from them.”
Ramakant Pandrangi, Vice President of Product Management for Verisign’s Security Services said:
“In today’s growing DDoS threat landscape, organizations must protect and ensure the availability of their critical applications. A10’s Thunder TPS appliance’s ability to signal with Verisign cloud-based DDoS Protection Service enables customers to implement an effective hybrid DDoS protection strategy.”